Do No Kai Martial Arts Temple is made up of lifetime martial artists who carry on the Shaolin Temple tradition of training and living the way of the true warrior.
Five distinct, yet interrelated martial arts styles are taught at Do No Kai Temple, among them, the art of Tai Chi. Also known as “moving meditation,” Tai Chi is the most-practiced group exercise in the entire world.
View a one-minute video with clips of the Tai Chi form.
Tai Chi Ruler
For serious Tai Chi players, Yoga practitioners, and those interested in a transformational Chi Gung or Qi Gong exercise, the Tai Chi Ruler is an essential practice tool. Measuring about one foot by two inches in diameter, it is held between the hands while the user performs a set of movements, usually called the Tai Chi Ruler Form.
Practicing with the Tai Chi Ruler provides the user with the following benefits, to mention just a few:
- Promotes better internal and external balance.
- Releases the natural flow of the life force, or “Chi,” from blockages.
- Helps correct posture while moving through the form.
- Enhances the fluidity of energy exchanges between the right and left brain.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- Teaches the user how to move and control energy.
- Provides energetic health, which in turn helps the body heal physically.
- Greatly increases mental and emotional well-being.
- Aids mental acuity.
- Enables the user to get in touch with the universality of nature.
- Offers a path to consciousness awakening.
- Reduces stress.
- Increases well-being and lifespan.
Do No Kai martial artists create these beautiful Tai Chi Rulers by hand in the weapons workshop of Do No Kai Temple. Click here to see prices, photos, descriptions, and links to more pictures.
Tai Chi Ruler Daggers
Since martial arts also focuses on weapons arts, the Temple also offers Tai Chi Ruler Daggers.
These striking double daggers nest inside the hollow of a regular Tai Chi Ruler. The practitioner may use the Tai Chi Ruler Daggers as a normal Ruler or as a singularly efficient, two-handed, double-bladed weapon.
The Tai Chi Ruler Daggers Form uses martially applicable movements in a prearranged set, with the Ruler open to expose the daggers for cutting, slashing, and penetrating maneuvers.
Those who purchase either the Tai Chi Ruler or the Tai Chi Ruler Daggers from Do No Kai Temple receive free instructional DVDs and a free Certificate of Authentication, signed by the Temple’s founder, Shihan Lonny Riddle.
Only a dedicated martial artist and artisan could create these splendid works of art, both beautiful and lethal, protection and inspiration for body, mind, and spirit.